ABOUT AMANI HOSTEL
Amani is the Swahili word for Peace. It is the belief that a community should live in a peaceful way, This ideal is the basis for the “Amani Hostel” where people can come and live together in sharing their skills, expertise, and enthusiasm with those in need in the local community with the aim of preaching peace to everyone around the world.
At Amani hostel, our aim is to make you feel complete like you’re at your own home. With this in mind, we have designed and equipped our Hostel with every home comfort you could possibly desire. Whatever your situation, whether on a long or short-term stay, Amani will offer to you the comfort of your own home, which comes with superior services. The Hostel comes with a wide range of services and facilities.
Each bedroom is designed for a calm relaxing atmosphere and features the following: King or Queen sized bed, bedside lighting, spacious fitted wardrobe in selected units, bedding, and many more
Fully Equipped Kitchen: The kitchen is equipped with all appliances you would imagine, these include but are not limited to the following: microwave, fridge, hob with oven, electric jug for tea and coffee making, sandwich maker, crockery and cutlery, linens, and so on.
Living Room and Dining Room:
Living rooms have been designed to give you that extra place to feel at home while at the same time allowing you to encompass a lifestyle of luxury. A color TV, dining table, comfortable Super coaches Internet, and other accessories will allow your mind and body to relax.
With modern bathroom accessories and towels and linens changed every day you will experience to have the benefit of life.
DOWNLOAD YOUR COPY of About AMANI HOSTEL
MORE ABOUT AMANI HOSTEL.
- Volunteers should be part of the community in which they work and they should not impact adversely on the community;
- We are actively involved in a number of water projects that conform to the standards of the UN water is life programme;
- We never force western views on our partners, we always take economic needs coupled with the environmental need into account;
- We only send volunteers when they are needed and not for simple financial gain;
- All water projects use local sourced renewable materials where possible;
- We actively support full recycling;
- Training and briefing all staff on company environmental policy and how to adopt best practice;
- Ensuring suppliers and Project Partners are fully aware of our environmental policy and that they adhere to it;
- Ensure that all of our new projects are researched fully, taking all local environmental considerations into account.
- This is at the core of everything we do we operate on a totally not for profit basis – we make NO money ourselves;
- Volunteering must form part of an overall local led strategy;
- Volunteering should empower the next generation;
- All staff and suppliers receive full training with regards to our organizations social responsibility programme;
- We provide all volunteers with a full induction before they go and on arrival – this focuses on the importance of respect and cultural diversity;
- We have a full ethical policy which can be viewed on this website as well
- We always ensure that our new projects are researched fully taking local needs fully into account – the projects MUST benefit the community economically and developmentally.
- Cultural considerations are always taken into account.
By supporting our projects, you’re influencing the local community in many ways, such as, preserving their natural environment and wildlife, bringing income to the projects. Enabling them to develop growth and education through cultural exchange.
The Positive Effects Amani Hostel and our Volunteers and Interns have on the Local Environments:
We provide our volunteers with many tips on how to be a responsible traveler regarding the environmental impact they have. We want you to be immersed in the culture, by living and working with local people. We work with local communities, local charities, local government bodies and local schools. We often partner with local organizations whom we have vetted to ensure that they are committed to the projects they run, that they have the same responsible attitude to the local community that we do, that they are eco-friendly and have ethical policies.
In our projects and in our headquarters offices, we take an environmentally responsible attitude towards recycling and reusing of waste products. Our volunteers are given pre-departure Information that encourages them to minimize waste and reduce their use of water and electricity, in other words, to live sensitively in the environment they’re working in.
Our projects enable vital conservation, research, care and education work to take place directly where it is most needed. For example, we kept a Species Survival Conservation project in South Africa afloat until completion after it was threatened by lack of funds. Our volunteers contribute, all over the world, to projects that would not exist without them. Amani Hostel also gives donations as and when required by projects.
Our Projects are sustainable and ongoing. Your work contributes to, and helps to continue, the long chain of worthwhile achievements in the communities.
The information we provide prepares our volunteers for their placement and how to deal with the local people. It also briefs our volunteers on the Do’s and Don’ts and ensures that they are aware of the possible impact of their behavior.
Volunteers receive an induction and orientation on arrival which covers things like being sensitive to the culture you’re in, everyday processes which will be different to what you’re accustomed to, how to have the maximum beneficial imprint and the minimum negative impact. We stress the importance of responsible tourism, cultural differences and acceptable/unacceptable conduct.
By living in the community, you’re providing much needed income and employment to the local population. You’ll be actively encouraged to recycle, be efficient with energy and water usage and preserve the natural surroundings.
For 25 years our volunteers have lived in local communities around the world, spent their money with local traders and brought funding to the projects they work with. Amani Hostel employs local staff and works with local support staff. This helps to fund the project directly and through bringing money into the local community.
The organizations we work with often struggle to financially support and maintain the work they do, so every penny raised makes a real difference. Our aim is to create always a Win-Win-Win situation in terms of the benefits for, (a) the local communities and institutions you work in, (b) our Volunteers, i.e. you, and (c) for Amani Hostel We do not embark on any project that is not beneficial to all three of these stakeholders.